Moira ILY Love Steady Liquid Blush ($8.50 for 0.17 oz.) is a vivid, medium red with strong, warm orange undertones and a matte finish. It could have been a bit easier to blend out.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Give Me Glow Dollface (P, $14.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Medium-Deep #4 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC All Year Red (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Just Playin’ (LE, $8.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- MAC He Likes It Cold (LE, $24.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Lethal Cosmetics Sanguine (P, $15.50) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Coloured Raine Prove My Loyalty (Blush) (LE, ) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
- NARS Queen (LE, $30.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
- MAC Red Envy (LE, $24.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Pat McGrath Night Bloom (Right) (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
$8.50/0.17 oz. – $50.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be “buildable’ while “delivering high pigment payoff” that “easily blends.” There are two finishes–radiant and matte–with the latter drying down to a more powder-like finish that was matte and more long-wearing as a result (eight to nine hours). The radiant finish remained dewy without fully setting, though it didn’t feel tacky and still had decent wear (seven hours).
Per the brand, they state to remove excess product from the over-sized, doe-foot applicator and then dot the product onto the apples of a cheeks using a “small amount” initially. The formula was forgiving in the sense that whatever was applied wanted to sheer out to more of a medium-level of coverage, but a little went a long way, so I would recommend one or two dots on cheeks at most. I preferred to put the dots on the back of my hand, then take my fingertip and gently diffused it there before patting onto my cheeks.
If you’re someone who tends to be more heavy-handed, you might find using a stippling brush for application more ideal here. I tend to reach for a brush when a liquid or cream blush formula is more pigmented or where a “little goes a long way.”
Browse all of our Moira Love Steady Liquid Blush swatches.
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Isododecane, Mica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylene/ Propylene/ Styrene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Butylene/Ethylene/ Styrene Copolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/PUEDE CONTENER (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), FD&C Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140:1), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), D&C Red 28 (CI 45410:2), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.