FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Rare Beauty Love (P, $23.00) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Quarters (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Rose Latte (P, $20.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Kosas Contrachroma (High Intensity) (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Phytosurgence Inferno (P, $17.07) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Glam Dark (Cream Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Flush’d (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Deep Apricot (P, $50.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC See Me Blush (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Sun Drenched (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$22.00/0.23 oz. – $95.65 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “buildable” pigmentation with a “cream-powder” feel that “blurs on application.” The texture felt like a malleable clay–smooth, cream-like in the sense that I could push it around with a fingertip, but it wasn’t slippery or wet to the touch. As soon as the product came into contact with my skin, it felt more powder-like.
The blendability was decent, but the more contrasting the shade, the more noticeable imperfections in the application were. The lighter shades were more forgiving against my lighter skin tone, whereas the deeper shades offered more contrast between my natural skin tone and the blush hue, so the slight unevenness was noticeable. For those with deeper skin tones, I would expect that issue to be less apparent.
The pigmentation was medium to semi-opaque and buildable as marketed. The blushes had a mostly matte finish once applied, though a couple shades had faint pearl that was barely visible in person. They lasted between eight and nine hours no me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Half Magic Cheek Fluff Soft Blur Cream Blush swatches.
Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Diisostearyl Malate, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, 1,2-Hexanediol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Tin Oxide, Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.